Making a Basic T-Tunic
by Lady Brigit MacDonald.
- Fold fabric in half along the salvage edge.
- Check to make sure if the salvages match at the cut edge to ensure a straight fold.
- Fold in half again along grain of fabric.
- Layout either a finished T-tunic or favorite T-shirt along the folds. (Make sure to fold
pattern garment in half from neck to waist.)
- Trace out desired shape. (Remember seam allowance.)
- Cut out tunic - including neck.
- To make interface neck do the following:
- Cut square of fabric the size you want.
- Place T-tunic on top (Remember to open T-tunic all the way.)
- Pin thoroughly around the neck hole.
- Sew and remove pins.
- Cut notches and turn inside out, then iron.
- Fold under raw edges and sew.
- Add trim.
- Sew side seams.
- Pin and sew hems.
- Put on and wear.